Edibles, concentrates, and flower are all different forms of cannabis products that are consumed in different ways and have different effects. Here’s how they differ:
What is Edible?
Edibles are cannabis-infused food products such as gummies, brownies, chocolates, and drinks. They are made by infusing cannabis extracts into oils or butter that are then used to make the food product. Cannabis Edibles are typically consumed orally and take longer to take effect than other forms of cannabis, usually around 30 minutes to 2 hours. Edibles can produce a strong and long-lasting high, and it’s important to start with a low dose and wait for the effects before consuming more.
Types of Edibles
There are many types of cannabis edibles available, ranging from sweet treats to savory snacks. Here are some of the most popular types of cannabis edibles:
- Cannabis Gummies: Cannabis gummies are a popular choice for edibles as they come in many flavors and are easy to dose. They can be made with either THC or CBD or a combination of both.
- Cannabis Chocolates: Cannabis-infused chocolates are another popular option for edibles. They come in many varieties, including bars, truffles, and chocolate-covered nuts or fruit.
- Baked goods: Cannabis-infused baked goods such as brownies, cookies, and cakes are a classic choice for edibles. They can be made with either THC or CBD or a combination of both.
- Drinks: Cannabis-infused drinks such as tea, coffee, and soda are a popular way to consume edibles. They can be made with either THC or CBD or a combination of both.
- Tinctures: Cannabis tinctures are concentrated liquid extracts that can be added to food or drinks or taken sublingually (under the tongue). They can be made with either THC or CBD or a combination of both.
- Capsules: Cannabis capsules are another option for edibles. They come in pre-measured doses and can be made with either THC or CBD or a combination of both.
It’s important to note that the effects of cannabis edibles can be stronger and longer-lasting than other forms of cannabis consumption, so it’s important to start with a low dose and wait for the effects before consuming more.
What is Concentrate?
Concentrates are highly potent cannabis extracts that are made by separating the plant material from the cannabinoid-rich resin. Concentrates come in many forms, including oils, waxes, shatter, and crumble. They are typically consumed by vaporization or dabbing and can produce a strong and immediate high due to their high THC content.
Types of Concentrates
There are many different types of cannabis concentrates, each with their own unique texture, potency, and method of consumption. Here are some of the most common types of cannabis concentrates:
- Shatter: Shatter is a hard and brittle concentrate that is transparent and amber in color. It is made by extracting cannabinoids and terpenes from the cannabis plant using solvents such as butane or CO2.
- Wax: Wax is a soft and crumbly concentrate that is opaque and yellow to brown in color. It is made by whipping the cannabis extract during the extraction process, which creates a texture similar to that of beeswax.
- Budder: Budder is a smooth and creamy concentrate that is opaque and yellow to brown in color. It is made by whipping the cannabis extract during the extraction process, which creates a texture similar to that of butter.
- Live Resin: Live resin is a concentrate that is made using freshly harvested cannabis that is frozen and then extracted using solvents. It is known for its high terpene content, which gives it a strong aroma and flavor.
- Rosin: Rosin is a solventless concentrate that is made by applying heat and pressure to cannabis buds or hash, which causes the cannabinoids and terpenes to be squeezed out of the plant material.
- Hash: Hash is a traditional cannabis concentrate that is made by separating the trichomes from the plant material using a mesh screen or sieve. It can be consumed in a variety of ways, including smoking, vaporizing, or adding it to food or drinks.
It’s important to note that cannabis concentrates can be very potent and should be consumed with caution. It’s also important to purchase concentrates from a reputable source to ensure that they are free of contaminants and have been produced safely.
What is Cannabis Flower?
Flower: Flower, also known as bud or weed, is the dried and cured cannabis plant material that is smoked or vaporized. It is typically consumed by rolling it into a joint or smoking it in a pipe or bong. Flower can have varying levels of THC and CBD depending on the strain and is often chosen for its flavor and aroma as well as its effects.
Types of Cannabis Flowers
There are many different types of cannabis flowers, each with its own unique characteristics and effects. Here are some of the most common types of cannabis flowers:
- Sativa: Sativa strains are known for their energizing and uplifting effects. They are typically high in THC and low in CBD and are often used during the day.
- Indica: Indica strains are known for their relaxing and sedative effects. They are typically high in CBD and low in THC and are often used at night.
- Hybrid: Hybrid strains are a combination of sativa and indica strains. They can have a wide range of effects, depending on the specific strain and the ratio of sativa to indica.
It’s important to note that the effects of cannabis flowers can vary widely depending on the specific strain and the individual’s tolerance and metabolism. It’s also important to purchase cannabis flowers from a reputable source to ensure that they are free of contaminants and have been grown safely.